Frieze carpeting is very popular in today’s modern home decor. We’ve all either heard of or experienced the infamous shag carpeting of the 60’s and 70’s. Frieze is a much more advanced and durable version of shag carpeting while maintaining its timeless appeal. Today’s shags do not require raking, and need much less maintenance, in general, to stay in elite condition. The carpeting is made up of twisted strands of fiber which give it its unique look and noted durability.
Is Frieze Carpet Good For My Home?
Yes. Frieze carpet is considered one of the best carpeting styles for home interiors. Not only is it timeless, and stylish, but also notably durable. These carpets are relatively easy to clean and maintain, preventing future repair costs allowing homeowners to save their money over time. Advantages to freeze carpeting include:
- Aesthetics: Frieze is the modern day shag — so if you’re a 70’s enthusiast, this one’s for you
- Durability: The tightly twisted fibers make the carpeting more durable than others on the market
- Insulation: This carpet style provides homes with natural insulation, which can lower energy costs along with muting sound
- Optics: For families with kids and / or pets, dirt buildup can become an issue — frieze carpets hide dirt buildup
Any way you look at it, frieze carpets are one of the trendiest carpets on the market. This trend will likely last at least through 2018, and even after it peaks, the carpet style’s timelessness makes it a good long-term investment. If you long for the decor of the 70’s but with modern practicality, this carpet style is right up your ally. DFW Flooring offers frieze carpeting services which you can schedule by calling 817.861.3737.
Cleaning Your Frieze Carpet
With this carpet’s unique style comes a special cleaning requirement. Not just any vacuum cleaner will work on frieze carpeting, and the wrong type can severely damage the carpet’s material. Homeowners will need to invest in a vacuum with an on/off option for the beater brush. The majority of time you vacuum your carpet, the brush must be switched off. It is only in particularly dirty spots that you’ll want to temporarily turn the brush on. As for the cleaning advantages to this carpet type:
- Dirt Resistance: Dirt buildup is less visible with this carpet style, making it good for pets and children
- Stain Resistance: While frieze is not invincible, it does resist stains better than other carpets
Every now and then, homeowners should have their carpet cleaned by a professional. This helps keep the material in top condition, extending its lifespan and saving you from unnecessary future payments. Also keep in mind that stain resistance does not mean you can ignore spills. What it really means is that you can get stains out before the soak into the fiber, as long as you use the proper carpet cleaner. If you are interested in installing frieze carpet in your DFW home, give DFW Flooring Warehouse a call today at 817.861.3737.